If you enjoy social media and have two years’ experience in social media management and analysis then the Digital Media Analyst could be a great job for you.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change and drive performance?
Are you ready to work with an award-winning media production team on a social-first philosophy? Montgomery College Television is a professional content creation unit within a diverse and inclusive educational institution focused on delivering high quality education that prepares students for success. We are looking for someone who has a passion for analyzing metrics and delivering outstanding performance on a variety of platforms. If that’s you, we would love to talk with you regarding that next step in your career.
Digital Media Analyst Job Details:
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time MCTV Digital Media Analyst, Media Production department.
Work hours are typically between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday with some evening/weekend hours depending on the need.
This is a bargaining, non-exempt, grade 27 position. Non-exempt positions are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
This position is eligible for telework after successful completion of the initial employment probationary period.
Under supervision and direction, the MCTV Digital Media Analyst is responsible for performing deep analysis of content on multiple digital platforms and recommends changes based on digital trends and prevalent practices to increase social media engagement and conversion.
Work with administrators, staff, faculty, students, community and PEG (Public Education Government) partners to provide metrics and insights on social media campaigns, programs, and initiatives.
Digital Media Analyst Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Track key social media analytics and monitor KPIs to provide insights to internal teams via daily, weekly, and monthly reports that convey the results in a way that explains what happened, why it happened, and provide recommendations.
- Work with MCTV, MC marketing team, and PEG colleagues to ensure digital media tactics align with established goals and initiatives. Implement and manage tracking tools.
- In alignment with the social media strategy, promote/boost posts, conduct A/B testing, analyze agency provided reports, and use data-driven alternative approaches to increase engagement and other goals on all digital platforms
- Research and test emerging technologies that will improve and better serve the digital media strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor social channels to determine effectiveness of messaging/content.
- Write copy, produce, shoot, and edit video; create graphics and ensure consistent visual presentation and messaging.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who is Montgomery College?
We’re All About Transforming the Community College Experience
We embrace our role as both a college and a community. We are learners. Seekers. Achievers. MC provides access to quality higher education that empowers everyone to achieve success and create meaningful change.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
Students Love MC:
Ninety-seven percent of first-year students would recommend MC to a friend or family member. (Survey of Entering Student Engagement, 2020)
MC consistently receives high rankings and national recognition:
Ranked #7 Best Community College in the US by WalletHub (2022).
Ranked one of the year’s best schools for online degrees in public service by STEPS (Student Training & Education in Public Service), including one of the Best Online Criminal Justice Associate Degree Programs (2022).
Ranked #9 in Best Online Associate’s Degree in Cybersecurity by UniversityHQ (2022).
Ranked #1 in Best Community Colleges in Maryland by Intelligent.com (2022).
Ranked #1 in Best Online Associate in Computer Science Programs by Intelligent.com (2022).
Ranked Top 5 Overall & The Best Value in Maryland by Intelligent.com (2021).
Ranked as one of the best for diversity among colleges and universities in the US by College Factual (2021).
Ranked among the top 100 community colleges with the best return on investment by Stacker (2021).
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, data science, or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Minimum of two years of experience in social media marketing or analysis.
- Knowledge of digital/social media technologies, tools, and practices and production.
- Knowledge of graphic design principles, aesthetics, and branding.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and popular web content management systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe creative suite, content management systems, and web application skills.
- Skill in conducting analysis of social media content.
- Skill in using data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau)
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective skill in troubleshooting digital/social media issues to resolution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for and with a diverse community.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate technical standards and processes to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, multiple projects and productions in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, management and external stakeholders.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- An understanding of the difference between Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4
Licenses and Certifications:
- Google Data Analytics Certificate
Hiring Range $29.58 to $38.45 per hour. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
- Click Here to apply online
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Apply by the Closing Date of Friday, August 26, 2022