If you enjoy telling stories the Story Editor role could be a great job for you!
audiochuck is an Indianapolis-based media company focused on bringing their fans edge-of-your-seat storytelling that speaks to the latest generation of podcast listeners.
This Story Editor job offers candidates the opportunity to be remote or to work at their headquarters in Indianapolis Indiana. audiochuck is looking to find qualified and experienced candidates and will tailor the role to the right candidate.
You can be a full time employee or part time employee as long as you work at least 20 hours per week.
Who is Audiochuck?
Since December 2017, we’ve been creating and producing compelling content that leaves you craving more. We’ve produced multiple shows that have premiered at #1, racking up hundreds of millions of downloads a year.
audiochuck is a young, fast-growing, and dynamic company that rewards its employees, regardless of age or experience, according to the work they do. We are committed to developing internal talent and fostering a long-term team of talented media professionals. Additionally, advocacy is an essential part of the audiochuck culture. We are passionate about using our platform to make a positive difference in people’s lives by using our time, money, and resources to advocate for victims and families.
What is the Story Editor role about:
audiochuck is seeking a story editor who can help maintain and sustain the creative vision for our podcasts while remaining true to the writing styles for our shows. Our ideal candidate has the attention to detail required to ensure that each script is edited in line with the show’s creative voice and is nearly perfect before reaching the creator and host of the show. This role would work on multiple audiochuck shows including the top true crime podcast in the world — Crime Junkie and our newest weekly show, The Deck.
What you bring to the table:
- Three years of professional writing experience — preferably in ghostwriting, script writing, journalism, or academic writing
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to preserving each show’s unique voice
- Ability to confidently fact check information
- Desire to collaborate alongside our in-house team of producers, reporters and writers
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on several stories and scripts for multiple shows simultaneously
- Willingness to take ownership of your responsibilities and proactively manage multiple projects
- Skills to craft compelling, in-depth stories
- Openness to feedback
- Passion and eagerness to do what it takes to deliver a product that is of service to victims and their communities
What audiochuck will bring to the table:
- Commitment to intentional leadership development for all employees
- A talented team of collaborative and passionate employees to support your work
- An appreciation for diverse work experience and backgrounds
- A chance to work on shows from a leading network for true crime podcasts
- Competitive base salary and bonus incentives
- Benefits contribution
- 401(k) retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Team events and activities
- Dedication to company culture and promoting mental health
What You’ll Do:
- Vet case suggestions for potential episodes and the adjacent advocacy components for Crime Junkie and The Deck
- Review each script from internal and external writers ensuring they are finalized prior to reaching the host and creator of the show
- Provide feedback to writers to continue their professional development and growth
- Maintain the production schedule created by the producer of each show
- Work calmly and efficiently under deadline
- Develop and write your own scripts, if desired
- Serve as an integral part of the editorial vision for an audiochuck show
- Collaborate with show writers, reporters, producers, and hosts
Does this role sound like you? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that briefly answers the questions below.
- Why are you interested in working with audiochuck?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- How would you approach learning and maintaining a show’s structure and tone while simultaneously streamlining the editorial process?
- What is a cause/issue you’re passionate about solving?
Submit your resume and cover letter through this link: Apply for the Job Here