A Director of Digital Subscriptions job is open at M. Roberts Media
M. Roberts Media is a diversified media and marketing solutions company that delivers unique experiences for consumers and advertisers across all platforms. The company is the parent entity of M. Roberts Digital, TCM Printing, and several newspapers including Tyler Morning Telegraph, Longview News-Journal, the Victoria Advocate, Marshall News Messenger, Kilgore News Herald, The Henderson News, and the Panola Watchman.
Who is M. Roberts Media and Where is it Located?
A Texas-based media company with a global reach, it has local offices throughout Texas, in Victoria, Tyler, Marshall, and Longview. The company has a significant ability to reach these communities, but its influence extends beyond the state borders, serving clients throughout the United States and worldwide.
What Markets Does the Company Serve?
M. Roberts Media serves a wide range of markets. It has an established presence in East Texas and the Crossroads area in South Texas. Through its digital agency, M. Roberts Digital, the company offers digital marketing services such as websites, targeted digital ads, Google PPC ads, social media ads and management, video/photo services, email marketing, and more. Its newspapers offer print ads and printed products. The company’s digital agency reaches a worldwide audience through digital marketing solutions.
Why Should I Want to Work at M. Robert’s Media?
The company is currently seeking a Director of Digital Subscriptions to lead its digital subscription efforts across its Texas markets. The company offers a dynamic and innovative work environment. This position offers the opportunity to drive digital audience development and ensure a positive experience for digital subscribers. The role requires a deep understanding of using data for customer acquisition and retention. The position also offers the flexibility to work remotely, making it an attractive opportunity for those seeking a balance between work and personal life.
M. Roberts Media leverages its long-established relationships with businesses and individuals within its local communities, extensive emails lists, and experienced people to drive consumers to your door, website, or phone. The company’s diverse portfolio, including newspapers, a digital marketing agency, commercial printing and distribution services, events production and marketing, and other products, offers a wide range of opportunities for professional growth and development.
M. Roberts Media is a company that combines the local touch with a global reach, serving a diverse range of markets and offering exciting career opportunities in the media and marketing industry.
What kind of Person would make a great Director of Digital Subscriptions:
In this role you will work directly for the President and with senior editors to develop and implement growth strategies. You will leverage technology systems, data and insights to drive customer engagement and retention. You will gain understanding of what story the data is telling us and then brings forward ideas on how to improve process efficiency, product utilization and customer retention. This role is essential to M. Roberts Media’s mission of delivering quality local journalism to the markets we serve.
- Using insights from customer data and reader surveys, develop and execute plans that drive digital subscriber growth and improves subscriber engagement, loyalty and retention
- Regularly review customer trend and behavioral data and share insights with digital audience development teams
- In conjunction with the newsrooms, synthesize common trends into actionable plans for improving the customer experience
- Closely measure and regularly report the effectiveness of all digital acquisition and retention initiatives
- Understand, maintain, and manage the paywall software administration to maximize subscribers and be able to test and deploy multiple user paths and messages
- Develop database queries and accurate lists of user segments and message distribution
- Work with the newsrooms to develop measurable experiments for improving customer retention
- In collaboration with the Director Circulation and customer support team, identify opportunities for efficiency within our customer transaction and communication processes and driving forward solutions
- Provide support to the customer support team, including assistance with CRM system configuration, running reports, generating files for customer mailings and helping with other related processes
- Assist in designing and implementing market-specific retention programs digital subscriptions.
- Keep a pulse on customer support trends to understand why customers cancel subscriptions and work with cross-functional teams to continuously improve our subscription products based on customer insights
- Stay up to date on industry best practices for subscriber retention
- An excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans
- Long and short-term disability and life insurance at no cost
- 401(k) retirement plan
- A generous Paid Time Off plan
- Past experience implementing customer retention strategies
- Demonstrated success in analytical thinking and telling stories with data
- Ability to manage complex data sets
- Prior experience being a subject matter expert for a Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau and/or other metrics and data visualization platforms preferred
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills
- Must have a test and learn mindset, skilled at interpreting data to inform and articulate a broader strategy
- Must be entrepreneurial and innovative, eager to discover new tools, tactics, and information that will drive performance
- Must be collaborative; a relationship builder, able to work with a variety of teams, and subject matter experts
- Must be an excellent communicator, confident in your knowledge with the ability to explain results, trends, and strategies in a variety of formats, from writing the building presentations to presenting in meetings both internal and external
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at: