It all started with the movies. At Syracuse University Roy rebuilt his college dorm cinema into one of the most successful campus movie groups with a new team, booking high value films (low cost but classic enough to draw strong attendance) and financing the slate by creating the campuses first season pass. The media, digital and entertainment industries has been home to Roy for his entire career. His strengths in innovation, building relationships, maximizing profits and value, and willingness to take on greater challenges have continued throughout. He is an unconventional business strategist with a track record of effectively transforming strategy into bottom line results. He transformed a 50 year old company into a digital innovator as the first Ecommerce B2B site in its segment and grew the business by more than doubling its margins prior to its sale. Building on his experience in the media industries, he founded MediaJobs.com, the destination to accelerate one’s career, to help others benefit professionally from his knowledge of the media businesses.
Posts by Roy Weissman:
- Techcrunch Interviews: Infinite Analytics Can they Predict What you Will Buy Next?
- Techcrunch Interviews: Laugh.ly The Digital Comedy Play
- Techcrunch Interviews: Piqed – Optimizing Beauty Products for Consumers
- Techcrunch Interviews: Timelooper takes You Back in Time
- The Techcrunch Interviews: FuseMachines Artificial Intelligence Lead Machine