SeatGeek is looking for folks who are smart, curious, and love building web apps. Most of our current team is pretty full-stack capable, so we don’t have particular holes we’re trying to fill. Rather, we need to expand our team so that we can deal with the challenge of constantly improving a site that already serves millions.
We believe in deploying code into production every day, a flat engineering team, rapid iteration, and an intense focus on user experience. We build most new features as standalone web services, and we open source them whenever we can. If that’s intriguing to you, drop us a line.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience building web apps. The more the merrier. We’ll be most interested in checking out what you have built.
- Passionate about web apps and code: You are opinionated about how software should work, inside and out
- Expert with at least one language (French does not count), and good with several others
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious:
- Languages: Python, Ruby, and PHP (Symfony)
- Datastores: MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
- Server: Nginx, w/ Unicorn and Thin for Ruby, Tornado and Web.py for Python, all riding on EC2/S3/CloudFront
- Version control: Git
- Stats: STATA, R and MATLAB
- Deployment: Capistrano ALL the things, along with a large set of Chef Cookbooks
- Monitoring: Graphite with an in-house version of StatsD in Ruby
- A competitive base salary and a meaningful equity stake in a well-funded early stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- A laid-back, fun workplace with all the soda/beer/etc you can drink, all the food you can eat, team lunches 1–2 times per week, and frequent social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we’ve opensourced our job system, DJJob, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups