Although marketing positions are available throughout the country, marketing positions in Los Angeles, California, are typically in highest demand. For that reason, salaries are generally higher compared to other large metropolitan cities.
According the government Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2013, Marketing Manager Positions were the 16th highest paying job in Los Angeles at $138,020.
Without question, marketing offers tremendous opportunities, as well as job stability. Not only is marketing at the heart of all businesses, regardless of size or industry, it plays a vital role in a company’s success. While there are many different marketing positions to consider in Los Angeles, the overall responsibility involves identifying, anticipating, and satisfying the client’s requirement from a position of profitability.
Best Companies for Marketing Positions
According to Forbes Magazine, some of the top paying companies for Marketing Professionals are located in California. Topping the list is Culver City based technology security firm Symantec where the average base salary for marketing professionals is $153,860.
The tech industry is well represented with top marketing comp plans at Intuit and Salesforce.com where each provide marketing professionals with average base salaries well above the $100,000 mark.
By understanding the client, you will add value in the way of marketing through new concepts, strong communication, branding, research, design, consumer behavior, and more. The bottom line: All of the five highest-paying marketing positions in Los Angeles listed involve dealing with people and helping companies succeed. With a marketing career, you have the ability to steer the client in the right direction to achieve a greater level of long-term success.
Top-Level Positions in Marketing
While high-paying positions in marketing can be secured with a bachelor’s degree, the most prestigious jobs are offered to people with MBAs.
- Top Executive for International Marketing – Thanks to the reach of the Internet, opportunities for international marketing positions have increased dramatically. Years ago, marketing had limitations, but today, companies conduct business around the globe. With experience and a strong portfolio specific to international marketing, this position has an annual salary base between $250,000 and $300,000.
- VP of Marketing Strategy and Analysis – As part of Netflix’s mission to revolutionize Internet television, the company is looking to hire a VP of Marketing Strategy and Analysis. You would partner with the executive marketing team along with the entire marketing organization to plan and optimize marketing spend worldwide, assess campaign and channel performance, design and analyze marketing tests, and develop tactical points-of-view that translate into bonafide marketing strategies. Based on the level of this position, you must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a highly analytical environment, prior experience in a marketing position dealing with management and strategy, and hold an MBA. For this level position, annual salary ranges between $200,000 and $300,000.
- Account Management Executive – With an annual salary between $130,000 and $250,000, an account management executive maintains critical business relationships, negotiates sales contracts, and closes deals. In this marketing position, you would work with both national and international clients implementing and overseeing goals and policies for the accounts being managed. MI Digital Agency in Los Angeles currently has an opening for an Account Executive Marketing Automation and CRM to help drive initiatives and strategies for acquiring new customers.
- Sales Development Managers – Marketing positions such as this enhance company revenue and attain new sales goals. Known formally as “channel development,” this position works in conjunction with sales to implement and develop productive sell methodologies. To boost revenue, sales channels are utilized to grow the customer base and business itself. The annual salary for this position is upwards of $270,000.
- Senior Director of Marketing – NBCUniversal, a world leader in media and entertainment involved in the development, production, and marketing of news, entertainment, and information to a global audience, is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing. In this role, you would lead the planning and execution of various marketing campaigns to drive awareness of and tune-in for assigned digital initiatives and shows. This position requires quick but sound decision-making. Salary for positions such as this range between $100,000 and $200,000 per year.
On all levels, marketing positions provide challenges, flexibility, creativity, and excellent growth potential. MediaJobs.com offers access to thousands of current marketing positions nationwide.