The recession has hit, and numerous newspapers and media companies have closed down or are due to close down. Media sales jobs and other media jobs with newspapers and written publications have extra pressure being placed on them with the common thread in most thoughts being that the newspapers has a finite lifespan. Media sales jobs are changing shape and are taking their places in the online community, along with many other media jobs. How does this affect you, the media sales job hunter? According to internetnews.com, if you are set to search through written publications to find your media sales job, then you might not find what you are looking for.
Being that media sales jobs are now turning towards the virtual world, it would make sense to search for them online. There are numerous online resources that can offer you a number of options in terms of media sales job availability as well as diversity. Here are a few options that can offer you advice in media sales job searches, as well as job opportunities:
- Advertising Crossing – www.advertisingcrossing.com – Their mission is to search for every available media sales job out of 8000 job boards and offer it to their subscribers. They offer a free 7 day trial to new users, and then command a nominal fee for their services, information and media sales job opportunities.
- I Want Media – www.iwantmedia.com – I Want Media have a range of media sales jobs available, as well as pertinent information pertaining to the industry and links to various media sales job institutions and information centers.
- Media Bistro – www.mediabistro.com – Media Bistro is a one stop media network offering media sales jobs as well as interesting information about the industry, blogs, helpful links and training courses. The media sales jobs are listed as full time, part time or freelance options, and covered the whole of the USA.
- Myspace Jobs – jobs.myspace.com– The ever popular social network, Myspace actually offers a wide array of media sales jobs and other media jobs. In addition to this, they also offer career education for all jobs across the board, including medial sales jobs.
- Talentzoo.com – www.talentzoo.com– Talentzoo.com has a wide variety of media sales jobs available for free public search. They offer solutions for easy job hunting and recruitment through the convenience of their website. Numerous articles and blogs related to media sales jobs and related employment can also be found here, offering insight into the industry.
Once you have set yourself up on a decent media sales job search, you are halfway towards finding your ultimate online media sales job. And chances are you might even find something within the print media sector too, but remember to bear in mind that there is talk that all media sales jobs are moving online. Competition will be tough so ensure that your skills have been buffered so that you are the top candidate for the media sales job you are applying for.