Publicity and Promotions Officer # 21729
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work.
Rogers TV / TV Rogers has an immediate full-time position for an experienced Publicity Officer. We’re looking for a dynamic, innovative and passionate communications champion to implement publicity and promotions initiatives at Ottawa’s two community TV stations. If you have ideas on how to build the stations’ audiences, increase community outreach and grow brand awareness on both traditional and social platforms, we want to hear from you!
- Contributing to the elaboration of the stations’ communications plans and ensuring their implementation
- Writing news releases, website features, video scripts, tune-in promos and other promotional pieces.
- Writing updates, feed content and build initiatives to drive community members’ engagement on Rogers TV and TV Rogers’ social touch points including the website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Working with ad agencies to coordinate the distribution of advertising materials and the development of ad campaigns
- Working closely with the management team to promote access opportunities through a community outreach programme which includes annual Open House events for each station and participation in volunteer recruitment activities
- Developing and maintaining media contact lists for print, broadcast and electronic media, connecting with key reporters on a regular basis with a view to building effective relationships
- Generating earned media for the stations by developing and maintaining relationships, writing, distributing and following-up on news releases as well as preparing monthly reading books
- Working closely with the Creative Services Manager on the implementation of broad advertising and communications initiatives
- Acquiring competitive quotes for merchandise by searching and recommending promotional items while maintaining an accurate inventory of promotional material
- Coordinating Rogers TV’s Community Cruiser schedule and all related communication pieces and working collaboratively with TV Rogers team to ensure the most effective deployment of resources
- Seeking media opportunities, speaking engagements and/or appearances for key on-air talent
- Developing and implementing viewer contests as well as special events
- Keep accurate financial records for budget purposes
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under Health & Safety Legislation
- University or college degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Communications or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a promotions or marketing environment
- Superior bilingual communications skills (French and English) with a talent for creative writing
- Desktop publishing skills will be considered an asset
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize in order to meet changing deadline
- Proven computer abilities, including experience using MS Office Suite
- A valid driver’s license
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes criminal checks.
Apply at www.rogers.com/careers
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer