Media Jobs What is your Dream Job? Scholarship
Today’s media industry is vastly different from the industry of 20 years ago. There are many new opportunities. The industry demands flexible, motivated and knowledgeable individuals who can think on their feet and make informed business decisions. Competition for jobs in the media industries is very high.
Today the Media industry includes many segments including:
Digital and Online advertising
Cable television/Pay TV
If you could have any job at any company in one of the segments of media industry listed above what would it be? What would be your dream job?
But the world is competitive so you’ll need to tell us why your dream company should hire you. What skills, knowledge and experience can you bring to the table?
MediaJobs.com is offering a $500 scholarship to a college student who can convince us that they deserve a job like the one they describe.
Scholarship Essay Requirements:
In order to be considered for the scholarship you need to do the following:
Student must write a minimum of 1000 words about their dream media job.
You will need to include the following:
- Specify the job title and responsibilities (be specific like a job description) and the company (include company details; website, address etc.)
- Job needs to be at a company in one of the media industries listed on this page.
- Why is this your dream job? (ie: sports fan, been to 100 Yankees games)
- What skills, observations, and experiences make you think you could do this job?
- What innovation do you think you could bring to the field of your choice?
- What would be a sign that you have succeeded in this type of job?The best essay will give clear details, exhibit creativity, and demonstrate the student’s passion for the role and company. Substantiating your candidacy utilizing images, charts, numbers, etc. will definitely improve your chances for winning this scholarship.
Who is Eligible:
All students enrolled in any US college or University as of October 28th 2014.
Determination of Award:
The Scholarship will be awarded to the student that builds the strongest case to be hired. All essays meeting essay and eligibility requirements will be posted on the MediaJobs.com website for all visitors to see. Determination of award winner will be decided solely by the management of Media Jobs and its parent company, Manhattan Capital Group Inc.
Essay submissions must meet all eligibility and essay scholarship requirements to be considered for the award.
All essay scholarship submissions become the property of MediaJobs.com and Manhattan Capital Group Inc. All submissions will be posted online once the submission period has ended. The scholarship award will be paid directly to the winner’s school for credit to the student’s account.
How to Submit:
Deadline for submissions is October 28, 2014 at 12 midnight Eastern Time
Please email completed essays in a Word doc format only, with name, mailing address, phone number, email address, college or university enrolled in to include your current year, expected graduation date and major to email@example.com. All information submitted must be correct and accurate to be accepted for consideration. Scholarship questions should be directed to us at Contact Us
We encourage anyone who has an interest in working in the media industries to submit an essay entry as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.