It should be of great interest to know about Handy.com, especially if you’re looking to find a media job. Handy has hit over $1 million in bookings per week. Take a look at the list of available positions on their site. They want Android, iOS, Front End and Ruby on Rails developers.
This is a growing global company, currently in 25 cities here in the U.S. They are a mobile cleaning and home repair booking service, and it is taking off. Umang Dua, the chief operating officer says “we’ve gone from about $3 million in run rate to $52 million in run rate,.. over 200,000 applications to the site for potential cleaners and handymen, and has over 5,000 active professionals who complete at least one job in a month”. All of this in a matter of two years.
Want to help them grow their presence, become the Handy Brand Team Manager? Since consumers are getting more acquainted with the idea of booking things from their mobile phones and that mandated background checks on both the national and county level are done for their service providers, Handy professionals are thoroughly vetted.
At present 85% of the company’s money comes from cleaning, with the remaining 15% split between handymen and plumbers. The average cleaning professional makes around $18 per hour. The company remarks “our cleaners say it’s like an ATM machine in your pocket.”
Seriously, this company sounds like a good place to work, who doesn’t want to be a part of something that connects the right people and services together? The growth there at Handy.com is big!