Sundeep Kapur is one of the country’s foremost exponents of multi-channel marketing and is dedicated to helping big brands make sense of cross-platform promotion. He’s been doing it since 1990, but according to Sundeep, the big boys still have a lot to learn.
Kapur is definitely one to watch for anyone looking for media jobs.
Kapur, or ‘Email Yogi’ as he is known, is director of strategic marketing at the NCR corporation is an expert on combining your email, online, social media and mobile marketing into one streamlined and fully integrated package, and writes and speaks regularly on the subject.
What’s Sundeep’s Story?
He has a BA in Economics, a BS in Computer Science and an MBA so he’s well-qualified to assist with converged channel strategies, and having over 20 years’ experience helps as well. Sundeep is a passionate teacher who’s committed to ensuring businesses make the most of the communication channels available to them, particularly social media – oh, and he’s pretty good at direct marketing too.
“Most brands are trying really hard to succeed with their social media initiatives,” he said. “They are trying new ways to engage — from receipts at checkout to advertisements in newspapers; brands are trying their best to connect with consumers on social networks.”
He’s worked with organizations across many sectors and helps them utilize technology for branding and to speak to their customers more effectively.
Through is role at NCR Sundeep is a thought-leader in consumer interactions – particularly when those consumers expect fast, simple and convenient communications which are sometimes juxtaposed with businesses who are striving towards increasing profits, developing and growing customer loyalty and cost saving.
As well as his role with NCR, Kapur is also in demand as a public speaker and he’s also run panels and delivered education for businesses around the world who want to improve how they implement multi-channel marketing.
What’s His Current Offer?
Kapur’s incarnation as The Email Yogi sees him blogging daily about multi-channel best practise. In fact, there are over 1,200 articles on his site www.emailyogi.com and he also writes a bi-monthly column on Social integration for ClickZ.
His most recent article dealt with the big trends he predicts will take the marketing world by storm in 2013 and he’s urging marketers to utilize these in their digital campaigns.
Some his predictions are:
- Big data — Optimize what you collect by communicating quickly and making it relevant to the consumer.
- Content — Is what you display attractive? Is it useful? Can your content be shared easily? If it is not interesting, it will not be read or shared.
- Connect your communication — Your customer might just see your message via an email on their smartphone, or they may even delete the message, but you still need to talk about it on Facebook.
- Have a social conversation – Always make sure you respond to questions and concerns on social media channels. Solve problems, ask questions, inspire your consumers, look for conversation starters, and then nurture this dialogue.
- Make things mobile-centric. Can you reduce the amount of content so it can be displayed appropriately on a mobile device? If not, you should.
- Effective email campaigns — Leverage social media into your messages to make them sticky and also ensure that your messages get into the inbox.