CrossFit has a job opening for a Junior Motion Graphics Designer in Scotts Valley California.
CrossFit created a new and innovative segment in an $82 billion dollar industry where 73% of American’s participate every week.
According to Shape Magazine 234 million people work out at least one or more times per week.
This is an opportunity to work at one of the top companies in an $82 billion dollar ever evolving industry.
CrossFit is a fitness regimen developed by Greg Glassman over several decades. Glassman, CrossFit’s Founder and CEO, was the first person in history to define fitness in a meaningful, measurable way: increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains. He then created a program specifically designed to improve fitness and health.
CrossFit is about community and the community that spontaneously arises when people do these workouts together is a key component of why CrossFit is so effective, and it gave birth to a global network of CrossFit affiliates that number over 13,000.
CrossFit Needs Great Graphics for Broadcast and the Web
CrossFit has an exciting opening for a Junior Motions Graphic Designer based in their Scotts Valley, CA office and reporting to the Senior Motion Graphics Designer. This is a full-time position in a busy and creative environment. The Junior Motion Graphic Designer will work closely with and follow the direction from the Senior Motion Graphics Designer and Producers. Assignments will include a wide variety of video projects for broadcast and web. You will work with both the Web Publishing and Video Production teams to create the highest quality imagery under tight deadlines, and be able to translate requested styles and briefs into imagery.
- Create and animate graphics based on the creative direction of the Senior Motion Graphics Designer and video producers
- Collaborate with Senior Motion Graphic Designer to both maintain and enhance the visual style of motion and still graphics for videos and still images
- Produce graphics for variety of short and long form projects for broadcast, web, social media and print distribution
- Create, modify, customize, and manage graphic packages, templates and toolkits to be modified by editors
- Design motion graphics elements involving typography, photography, live video and 3D animations
- Work closely with creative team, producers, and editors to deliver completed projects
- Execute visual effects such as compositing, motion tracking, and rotoscoping
- Collaborate with video editors and producers to evaluate graphic needs in ongoing projects and meet schedules for delivery
- Maintain and enhance the visual style of video content through creative use of motion graphics standards and templates
- Stay up to date on current graphic design, motion graphic and animation trends
- Design vectors and cut-out images for use in motion and still graphics
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of 2 years of motion design experience in broadcast design
- Proficiency with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
- Strong motion and visual sensibilities
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Managing deadlines and executing on-time and on-task
- Strong self-starter and capable of to working independently
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, G‑mail, Google Docs
- Must be a passionate visual storyteller
- Must be self-motivated and a collaborative team player
- Must be very organized and able to juggle several projects at a time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with internal staff
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Professional experience using Adobe CC – Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Graphic Design, Video/Film Production, or related field
- Strong project management skills — team-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to move 15 lb. of equipment or more
- Ability to work on computers for long periods of time
- Ability to handle and operate all necessary equipment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends (when required)
**Please note this is an on-site junior position and not suitable for experienced applicants. If you feel you have the right qualities and experience, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV, portfolio and/or links to view examples of your work.